Monday, November 24, 2014

Writting a letter to yourself

   
     Years ago in the 6th grade my whole class had to write a letter to our future selves. This letter was meant for us to read when we graduated from high school to show us our growth, change and growing up process. When I read this letter a year back it really did make me cry because it brought so many memories but it also made me laugh because I wrote it as a kid and, of course, it had so many immature comments such as: "I'm sure you are now thin" because in 6th grade I was so fat. Anyway, this letter motivated me to write another one and experiment what it would be like if I could respond to myself. I really wish I was able to respond to my 6th grade self because I would love to give her so much advice and to tell her that life does get better.

     As my new life in a new country and a new continent began, I decided I should write a letter to myself telling me what I was feeling at the moment and that I should reopen this letter a week after I wrote it so that I could compare my feelings at the beginning of the week with my feelings at the end of the week. This is an exercise I encourage you, readers of my blog, to do. Even though it sounds absolutely weird and sort of creepy, it actually makes you realise the attitude you have towards life in general. I, for example, realised I had a very negative attitude towards how things were coming out the day I wrote the letter and so.... I wrote a letter back... to me... I know I know, it's really weird, but hey! I enjoyed it so, whatever! Here they are:

Letter #1 (11/16/14)



Letter #2 (11/23/14)


No comments:

Post a Comment